Use this Account Payable Job Description to ensure your resume resonates with your career goals. Know what matters the most to your potential employers and highlight that information in your resume to get one step closer to a job interview.
Account Payable Job Description
The role of a professional working as an Account Payable is to ensure the amounts owed by the company to its creditors are paid on time. It involves paying to the third-party vendors and employees, preparing checks, tracking all the invoices, paying outstanding dues, and putting stop payments, among others. They need to highlight hidden costs and protect businesses against overpayment.
Professionals working as Account Payable must adhere to the company’s confidentiality rules and provide an accurate report of cash flow. They need to maintain good relationships with associated vendors and valued partners.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare invoices to be paid by the company
- Process invoices and keep account payable records up-to-date
- Undergo all the third party or vendor payment agreements and use discounts to reduce the invoice amount
- Reconcile payment records to confirm all the dues were paid
- Generate and log all the new purchase orders
- Record all the sales tax paid on the generated invoices
- Maintain petty cash funds and track all the disbursements
- Build healthy relationships with associated vendors
- Microfilm and file documents to maintain all the historical records
- Practice confidentiality and abide by the local, state, and federal financial laws and regulations
- Verify expense reports and prepare paychecks for the employees
- Issue stop payments whenever required and make sought invoice amendments
Requirements and Qualifications
- 2+ years of Account Payable experience
- Understanding of finance, bookkeeping, and accounting
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Strong mathematical background
- An accounting or finance degree is preferred
- Customer service oriented
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Effective corporate communication skills
Connect with Job Nexus’ expert resume writing team to build a professional resume that aligns with your career goals and helps in accelerating your job search or pick a free resume template and update your resume today!
Strategic Account Manager Job Description
Use this Account Payable Job Description to ensure your resume resonates with your...