Use this Account Receivable job description to ensure your resume resonates with your career goals. Know what matters the most to your potential employers and highlight that information in your resume to get one step closer to a job interview.
Account Receivable Job Description
The key role of a professional working as an Account Receivable is to ensure the company receives its payments for goods and services on time and record all the transactions timely. They are responsible for keeping the accounts receivable department up and running by managing cash influx and timely collection of dues from the clients. They must keep a track of all the transactions and keep them up-to-date to avoid any discrepancy.
The professional is responsible for maintaining relationships with the company’s clients. They need to have a keen eye for details and demonstrate excellent customer service skills. Professional working as an Account Receivable should maintain client portals, submit invoices, and reconcile client accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify slow-paying customers and highlight discrepancies to the management
- Perform reconciliation of payments and client accounts
- Maintain and build relationships with clients
- Practice confidentiality in financial transactions and comply with local, state, and federal financial regulations
- Support other team members in financial management, inventory management, and cost accounting
- Analyze the collection efforts and prepare regular ratio analysis
- Perform daily duties such as recording of bank transactions, updating cash receipt logs, mentioning uncollected amounts, and keeping track of account aging
- Collaborate with other team members and outline strategies to improve the account receivable process
- Collect dues by connecting with clients on call, email, and mail
Requirements and Qualifications
- 2+ years of Account Receivable experience
- Understanding of finance, bookkeeping, and accounting
- Strong mathematical background
- An accounting or finance degree is preferred
- Excellent consultative skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving mindset
- Customer service oriented
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Prior experience in using commonly-used ERP systems such as SAP, Oracle, and NetSuite
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
Connect with Job Nexus’ professional resume writing team to build an ATS-Friendly resume that aligns with your career goals and helps in accelerating your job search or pick a free resume template and update your resume today!
Accounts Payable Job Description
Use this Account Receivable job description to ensure your resume resonates with your...